Last Sunday through Thursday, 9/11, spent a week in the Butte / Anaconda Montana area at a National Summit of Mining Communities. 
The presentations, visiting the town of Butte and the Berkely Pit were great but my favorite was the tour to Anaconda area by train.
It is hard to tell by this picture, but this is an old turn table that is still used. I thought it was so cool I just had to have a pic
It is hard to tell by this picture, but this is an old turn table that is still used. I thought it was so cool I just had to have a pic
We saw the miles of reclamation projects the area is involved in and visited / had lunch at a tailings area reclaimed to a 18 hole golf course designed by Jack Nicholas (Old Works), 

toured the townsite;
took pictures in the historic Washoe Theater, Hearst Library, and my favorite time of the tour was visiting at close range THE largest smoke stack in the world. Times like this makes my job not a job. 
took pictures in the historic Washoe Theater, Hearst Library, and my favorite time of the tour was visiting at close range THE largest smoke stack in the world. Times like this makes my job not a job. 




0 comments:
Post a Comment